- del.icio.us: tagometer
The Tagometer includes an up-to-date count of others who've already bookmarked the page, as well as a fresh list of the top tags applied.
- Prediction markets accurately forecast influenza activity
Influenza experts have borrowed a page from economists, creating a futures market for influenza activity that predicted outbreaks two to four weeks in advance.
- The dawn of time - after 13 billion years in the darkroom
- Web 2.0 how-to design style guide
- Doctor disciplined for removing patient's kidney, not gallbladder
The state Board of Registration in Medicine has ruled that a doctor cannot perform surgeries without another physician present after wrongly removing a patient's kidney instead of her gallbladder.
- The new 100 most useful sites | Guardian Unlimited Technology
- Avatars consume as much electricity as Brazilians
- Bizarre nanoparticles found in kidney stones
Researchers who've found strange nanoparticles in a handful of kidney stones say these self-replicating specks may play a role in disease.
- The Lancet Podcast, Friday Dec 22
This week's podcast includes an interview with Christopher Murray from Harvard University, one of the authors of the research article estimating 62 million deaths from a future influenza pandemic.
- Flickr: Medicine Photos, Most Interesting
- The Unexplained Explainer
"How likely is it/how often do we inhale/consume and/or incorporate into our own protein structure molecules that were once in some historical figure, say Abraham Lincoln?"