- NPR : Merritt, Snicket and the 'Tragic Treasury'
- Thiazolidinediones for Initial Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes? (Early Release from NEJM)
Metformin is the best initial choice in most cases.
- Glycemic Durability of Rosiglitazone, Metformin, or Glyburide Monotherapy
- Red Cross Bids to Be Leaner, More Efficient -- NPR
"The Red Cross is a combination of a hospital and FedEx."
- "FDA Probes Safety of Popular Heart Stent" -- Washington Post
Doctors think these stents may raise the risk of life-threatening blood clots months and even years later unless people stay on Plavix, an anti-clotting drug whose long-term safety in stent patients has not been established.
- E. coli sickens 22 in New Jersey; 14 ill in Long Island - CNN.com
An E. coli outbreak that has sickened at least 22 people -- two of them seriously -- was linked by health investigators Monday to three Taco Bell restaurants in New Jersey.
- Giving It Away (Cory Doctorow) - Forbes.com
I've been giving away my books ever since my first novel came out, and boy has it ever made me a bunch of money.
Tuesday, December 5, 2006
Links for 2006-12-04
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment