The Nicostopper is an electronic cigarette dispenser in which you can fit a maximum of 10 cigarettes at a time.
- HIV trial in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On December 7, 2006 the journal Nature published a new study which examined the mutation history of the HIV virus found in blood samples from the children, and found that they had likely been first infected years before the Benghazi Six arrived in Libya.
- Nurse Ratched's Place: It's Christmas Grand Rounds
- Technology Review: Printing Muscle and Bone
Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh have successfully directed adult stem cells from mice to develop into bone and muscle cells with the aid of a custom-designed ink-jet printer.
- NASA - NASA and Google to Bring Space Exploration Down to Earth
NASA Ames Research Center and Google have signed a Space Act Agreement that formally As the first in a series of joint collaborations, Google and Ames will focus on making the most useful of NASA's information available on the Internet. Real-time weather
- "Gender-testing" female athletes. - Slate Magazine
The test report says she "does not possess the sexual characteristics of a woman," apparently because she has "more Y chromosomes than allowed." (The test involves gynecological, endocrine, and genetic exams.)
- Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before
Worldmapper is a collection of world maps, where territories are re-sized on each map according to the subject of interest.
- Google 2006 Zeitgeist
A year's worth of search speaks to our collective consciousness, and 2006 is no exception. To compile these year-end lists and graphs, we reviewed a variety of the most popular search terms that people typed into Google.
- Is There a Barber in the House? When Cutting Hair Saves a Life - New York Times
Now her doctors wondered, How did her hair become impregnated with insecticide in quantities to bring her to the brink of death?
- Books of the year 2006 | Economist.com
- Radio Guy Medical Curiosities
- Tech Medicine: Avoid Intravenous Promethazine (Phenergan) When You're Nauseous or When You're Getting a Pain Shot
- David Allen Company Principles
- Random Message Widget Creator
- John Hodgman's Blog
- Maria prescribes her first medication for erectile dysfunction
- Google Browser Sync
Google Browser Sync for Firefox is an extension that continuously synchronizes your browser settings – including bookmarks, history, persistent cookies, and saved passwords – across your computers.
- War Games 2: The Dead Code (2007)
Computer hacker Will Farmer (Lanter) engages a goverment super-computer named Ripley in an online terrorist-attack simulation game. Little does Farmer know that Ripley has been designed to appeal to potential terrorists...
- Wikimapia blog: How to add a Google Map to any web page in 30 seconds.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Links for 2006-12-20
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment