- Hilarious Journal Articles #75: Deal in the womb: Fetal opiates, parent-offspring conflict, and the future of midwifery
This paper argues that parent-offspring conflict is mediated by placental β-endorphins in placental mammals, i.e., foetuses make their mothers endorphin-dependent then manipulate them to increase nutrient allocation to the placenta.
- Getting Things Done: MindManager Presentation
In this fast paced, information rich hour, David Allen creates a mindmap of the core elements of GTD best practices to increase your productivity.
- Down testing advised in all pregnancies | Chicago Tribune
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists this week begins recommending that every pregnant woman, regardless of age, be offered a choice of tests for Down syndrome.
- Clinical Cases and Images: My 'Best' Blog Posts of 2006
I am not sure if these are really the "best" posts on this blog for 2006 but I sometimes find them useful for my "Web 2.0 in Medicine" presentations and decided to collect them in one place:
- Top 10 Issues in Hospital Medicine in 2006
Notes from Dr. RW has compiled a list of the Top 10 Issues in Hospital Medicine in 2006.
- Health Care Problem? (Single Payer System) - New York Times
- For Better Health Care, Work Across Lines - New York Times
[Some important errors, like confusing "nurses" and "nurse practitioners," but an interesting read.]
- Saddam's Execution Video Makes it to Google Video, YouTube, Revver - Mashable
It's a sign of the times that cameraphone footage of Saddam Hussein's execution - including the aftermath as he hangs from the noose - has made its way to video sharing sites.
- Heise Security - Looking in the crystal ball: 2007 in retrospect
2007 was the year of the super bots: Never before has malicious software been equipped with so many functions that help it to hide from antivirus software and to resist removal.
- The Daily Gadget Blog
- Snagit 8 Screen Capture Software
- Flickr: New Year's Eve
Monday, January 1, 2007
Links for 2007-01-01
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment