- The Case For a Regulated System of Living Kidney Sales
- New York Daily News -Towers, excitement rising at WTC site
More than five years after the destruction of the twin towers, the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site has begun in earnest.
- Counterinsurgency Manual: usacac.army.mil/CAC/Repository/Materials/COIN-FM3-24.pdf
- Eli Lilly Said to Play Down Risk of Zyprexa- New York Times
The drug maker Eli Lilly has engaged in a decade-long effort to play down the health risks of Zyprexa, its best-selling medication for schizophrenia, according to hundreds of internal Lilly documents and e-mail messages among top company managers.
- iTunes power tips - Lifehacker
- Download of the Day: Google Toolbar 3 Beta (Firefox) - Lifehacker
Access your bookmarks from anywhere, open Google Docs & Spreadsheets files and do other cool stuff with Google Toolbar 3 Beta.
- The best apps of 2006 - Lifehacker
- "Devices Can Interfere With Peaceful Death: [Implantable Defibrillators] Repeatedly Shock Hearts Of Patients Who Cannot Be Saved"
When Carol Lewis's father-in-law died, family members circled his hospital bed to pray, expecting to offer their final goodbyes peacefully. Then his body suddenly started to lurch.
- N.Y. LovesTrans Fats! - washingtonpost.com
When did New York transform itself from all-purpose Gomorrah to that annoying friend from Los Angeles who says things like "Dude, you shouldn't eat that"?
Monday, December 18, 2006
Links for 2006-12-18
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Regarding the ICD story...I have a very frank discussion regarding the relationship between ICD and end of life issues prior to referal to an electrophysiologist.
There comes a time with many end stage CHF patients where it is time to refer them to hospice. I have found that if no one discusses the idea of turning off the ICD with them before that point, the discussion can become rather difficult.
Most of my patients who have had their ICD turned off have been at peace with the decision when it is time.
Post a Comment